Felt a Stain

July 19, 2017

Have a stain on your tshirt? Or a clorox mark like I did?


Use wool roving to “paint” over it. 

Use the needle felting (from Clover) tools or the embellisher machine (Husqvarna) to push the wool fibers through the fabric and cover the stain up.


Now it is no longer a stained tshirt.


Crochet Cardigan

February 4, 2017

It is finished with some yarn left over for the minie me version. Proud to have done without a pattern.


New Toy

January 24, 2017

The Kenmore machine works!!!

It was so gung up that the handwheel did not even move the arm up and down.

It only needed to be cleaned and oiled, it was not dirty inside, i think it was just the old oil that got her stuck, I degreased and re-oiled it and it works like a charm! Very weird the way it threads itself to the side, all metal inside, no plastic anywhere! And the bobbin case and thread adjusters work fine too! It even adjusts the pressure of the foot on the fabric. Looks like it has been serviced in 2002. 


Rainbow Pom-Pom Skirt

January 22, 2017

Just finished an hour long, or should I say an hour quick project with now pattern.

Used Lycra for the lining and a fold over stretch tulle fabric filled with sparkley small pom poms. The lining was gathered and sewn under a sequin elastic wide band. The folder over raw edges od the tulle were stitched on the side, then the waistline gathered and stitched with a zig zag over the front of the elastic band.


Obi Belt

July 16, 2016

Got two bags of leather today. JoAnns.


Some I will use for trimming a jacket, soft and pliable, others for belts and accessories and just to have on hand.

I stitched through tissue paper on the regular machine and putting the pieces together was ok. Topstitching around the edges, a two hour nightmare. Hand stitching did not work either, sonI just gave up topstitching and left it bare, after cutting all the mistakes out. The initial plan was to have a much wider belt, where the fronts overlapped, but I now have to loose weight for that to happend.


The tassels were easy to make, but take a rectangle and cut slices, by leaving the edge intact, then roll and glue.

The rest of the pieces were glued, stitched or tacked in place.


Wool Felt Hole Patches

June 25, 2016

So I had this polyester velvet blanket from Ikea. It was used in the garage and cut with a blade. It seemed to match the carpet in my bedroom really well color wise, so I decided to finally patch it up.I used the patcher stitch first on the sewing machin with the buttonhole foot. The stitches showed through and it looked pretty ugly.


With the hand felting needle tool from Clover over a brush, I added the wool rocing over the fabric, with some wool yarn and arranged it into the irises bouquet. On the wrong side I layed the yarn down in concentric circles and added pink in the center and around it. I mixed in some lightweight tulle net.


Using the Huskwarna felting machine I “stitched” it all down from both sides.


This machine is just like my daughter’s Sewcool.


It does the same thing, mashes fibers together.

So, here it is, no more holes in the blanket.


Linen and Silk Blue Ruffles

March 11, 2016

11745725_10155816276785655_9021665717062290870_n11782247_10155816283895655_3990809255919324071_o11059525_10155816283900655_513966375545122378_o

 

The Burda Style Ruffled dress, same as the pink silk one.

This done I used linen and silk organza for the ruffles, a serger roller hem and cross stitched embroidery with the variegated thread.


Little Blue Dress

March 11, 2016

 

I do not recall the pattern number, but it is Burda, I will look it up.

The fabric is a thin cotton from Ikea, leftovers from the tent project.

The flounces are silk and mommy has a dress with the same ruffles in blue that I hope to post soon.

I’ve added a few lines of embroidery using the build in designs on the HE120 in a variegated thread and flat buttons in the back.

I have sewn this at the end of last summer, and now it is a perfect fit, not for long as she grows so fast. Time to get started again on another one 😉


Ikea Hula Hoop Tent

September 2, 2014

So much fun to have my daughter back from vacation.

She enjoys this tent a lot, brought all her stuffed animals, mommy and daddy inside, and wants to sleep in it…

Got the fabrics from Ikea, a hula hoop for 3$ at Walmart, the smallest I could find… i didn’t want it to take up the whole room space, butI think a larger one would have been more roomy.

IMG_1944

 

Sew some pockets on the underside of the tent.

IMG_1945

IMG_1949

It needs a big round foam pillow…on the to do list.

It is pretty dark inside, I do not think of it appropriate for reading…

I could add a window.

I also want to hang a birds mobile inside, since I already have the birds all sewn up and the embroidery hoops.

http://www.ecabonline.com/2010/07/diy-bird-mobile.html

Here’s a simpler tutorial:

http://bluehousejoys.com/2013/05/hula-hoop-tent-tutorial/

 

Here’s a ready made version…on the expensive side:


Kalotaszegi Print on T-Shirt

September 2, 2014

Kaloraszegi stitches take way too long.

Here’s a quick way to get the design onto a t shirt:

Print the Kalotaszegi design onto multiple A4 papers tiled, copy it to the freezer paper on the paper side not the plastic side, cut the outline using an xActo knife.

IMG_1847

IMG_1851

Mix 2 parts acrylic, 1 part textile medium

Iron on the freezer paper stencil, plastic side down towards the fabric

 

IMG_1852

Place a piece of plastic or cardboard under the design, in between the layers of the shirt.

Using a foam brush, paint over the paper to cover the fabric really well.

IMG_1853

IMG_1854

Let dry and then iron it on the backside to treat the paint and fix it to the fabric.

It has been in the washer/dryer a few times, lasts pretty well, but the paint will crack if the fabric is stretched.

 

 

 

IMG_1855