Fitted Knits – Ballerina Top

December 25, 2007
Fitted Knits Ballerina Top, originally uploaded by fmirela.

Pattern: Ballerina Blouse from Fitted Knits
Yarn: Lily Sugar’n Cream Stripes
Gauge: Plate 3 on the Bond machine

I’ve finished this Ballerina Top from Fitted Knits on the Bond.

The gauge is different from the pattern. I could not knit in the round so I improvising again and made some changes to the pattern.

I wish they gave more accurate measurements in the book, not just the horizontal and vertical….How wide should the sleeve be?

It is very though to estimate the gauge with the bond since all the worked in stretched.
That’s what I have to put up with for gaining the speed 🙂

This eat up a full big big size of Sugar and Cream yarn and I almost didn’t have what to sew it with.

I had to redo the sleeves because they turned out too narrow. Since I finished the front in one evening and did both sleeves twice on Saturday then again on Sunday, it was a quick knit and next time it would probably be ready in just one day 🙂

Advertisements

8 Responses to “Fitted Knits – Ballerina Top”

  1. adrienne Says:

    OMG! Your top is BEAUTIFUL! Merry Christmas!!!!

  2. Pamie G. Says:

    Just found your blog today — your sweater is stunning and you look marvelous in it! I do not knit or crochet but do love the Arts so I am surfing the net looking at all the talent! Thanks for sharing with the world!

  3. Patrizia Says:

    Wow, this is really lovely! It looks gorgeous on you.
    Fantastic job.

    Patrizia 🙂

  4. Mirela Says:

    Thank you!

    Welcome Pamie and Patrizia!

    Merry Christmas everyone!

  5. lashell Says:

    Great top. I can’t believe that came off of the Bond. I have a Bond, but I can’t seem to get the hamg of it. I might have some questions, if you don’t mind me picking your brain later.

  6. Mirela Says:

    Thank you lashell! I love the Bond and I’d be happy to answer your questions if I can. Don’t hesitate to give it a try!

    I’m kind of new to the Bond as well; the hardest thing for me is to get the gauge right.
    The first blouse I made was too short.
    Two of my tops are a little large and the last project is a little tight.

    I guess the hard work consists in translating the hand knit pattern to work on the Bond and doing the test square with blocking.

  7. lvolk Says:

    I just recently got an old Singer LK100 machine and I’m experimenting with it… and I found your blog and got really excited to see someone translating handknit patterns into machine ones, because I’m hoping I can eventually do that!

    Everything looks great! About the sleeves… couldn’t you calculate the width of the sleeves based on the gauge given for the pattern and the number of stitches on the needles when working the sleeves?

  8. Mirela Says:

    Ivolk, what a great buy! I hope to migrate in the future to a more sophisticated knitting machine.

    That is how I calculated everything based on my test square (number of stitchess per 10cm and the pattern gauge).
    I guess I made a mistake somewhere and I was missing about 5cm around the sleeves… have to pay more attention next time…
    With confidence and attention you might get everything right the first time, and avoid the trial and error time consuming process!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: