just one more trick my mom taught me
This is useful for the side seams on blouses or dresses for keeping the belt from sliding down.
1. Thread you needle with 2 threads, so you end up having 4 threads that you sew with. Knot the ends together. Insert the needle from the wrong side of the fabric towards the front. Make a small stitch and create a loop.
2. Pull the thread with your fingers through the loop, to create a crochet chain stitch.
3. This is the second loop that forms and the initial loop is now sitting at the base of the chain.
4. Continue until you read the desired length.
5. Insert the needle through the loop and pull to finish the chain.
6. Finished chain.
7. Sew the end of the chain to the fabric. Pull the needle to the underside and secure the thread with a knot.
8. An almost invisible thin yet resistant belt loop.