This looks like a priceless gem here in the US, I can’t seem to find a decent subscription method.
- Hepipress has not updated their site in about one year and they do not reply to emails: http://hepipressweb.com/cmsen/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=12&Itemid=26
- There is an eBay seller posting up the magazines as they come along: http://cgi.ebay.com/Italian-sewing-pattern-La-mia-BOUTIQUE-AUGUST-2009-NEW_W0QQitemZ270442211680QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Crafts_SewingPatterns_EH?hash=item3ef79ca960&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116
- I have had a bad experience with http://www.toutabo.com I subscribed to a 12 month issues of Idee Couture and received only 2 magazines during the year, one containing patchwork, the other children’s clothing patterns. No replies to emails or to phone calls. I would stay away from them.
- The same Idee Couture can be also found in Canada: http://www.pressabo.com/index.php/boutique/59-Idees-Couture-Broderie/396-Abonnement-Idees-Couture-Broderie/Fiche-produit-detaillee.html here, they say there are 6 issues per year.
- Then there are some folks in the UK that kind of rip you off with super expensive prices. http://www.magazinecafe.co.uk/mall/productpage.cfm/magazinecafe/_9994067/255241/LA%20MIA%20BOUTIQUE from what I read on PatternReview they seem to be reliable but expensive.
- There’s a dutch lady that sells them for almost the same prices but you would have to speak dutch to order… http://www.marlofashionmagazines.nl/ They have issues Sept 2008-Aug 2009. Each issue including postage is 26.50 EU. For Canadian shipping it is more efficant due to high shipping charges to order 5 LMB for 81.50 EU. (incudes VAT and shipping). They accept Paypal and ship as soon as payment is received.
My mom finds last year’s issues every now and then in Romania, but they are also very hard to come by.
I have 3 duplicated past issues, thinking of selling them, will scan some pages soon, please leave a comment or email me if you are interested.
Anyone have a different source for the magazine, please leave a comment.
Maybe a solution would be to know someone in Italy and have them buy the magazines from the newspaper stands, store and ship them in bulk maybe 4 times a year, I think that would be the cheapest way. Anyone in Italy offers to do this for me?! I wish!