It is finished with some yarn left over for the minie me version. Proud to have done without a pattern.
Archive for the 'Sewing Projects' Category
The Kenmore machine works!!!
It was so gung up that the handwheel did not even move the arm up and down.
It only needed to be cleaned and oiled, it was not dirty inside, i think it was just the old oil that got her stuck, I degreased and re-oiled it and it works like a charm! Very weird the way it threads itself to the side, all metal inside, no plastic anywhere! And the bobbin case and thread adjusters work fine too! It even adjusts the pressure of the foot on the fabric. Looks like it has been serviced in 2002.
Just finished an hour long, or should I say an hour quick project with now pattern.
Used Lycra for the lining and a fold over stretch tulle fabric filled with sparkley small pom poms. The lining was gathered and sewn under a sequin elastic wide band. The folder over raw edges od the tulle were stitched on the side, then the waistline gathered and stitched with a zig zag over the front of the elastic band.
The Burda Style Ruffled dress, same as the pink silk one.
This done I used linen and silk organza for the ruffles, a serger roller hem and cross stitched embroidery with the variegated thread.
I do not recall the pattern number, but it is Burda, I will look it up.
The fabric is a thin cotton from Ikea, leftovers from the tent project.
The flounces are silk and mommy has a dress with the same ruffles in blue that I hope to post soon.
I’ve added a few lines of embroidery using the build in designs on the HE120 in a variegated thread and flat buttons in the back.
I have sewn this at the end of last summer, and now it is a perfect fit, not for long as she grows so fast. Time to get started again on another one 😉
So much fun to have my daughter back from vacation.
She enjoys this tent a lot, brought all her stuffed animals, mommy and daddy inside, and wants to sleep in it…
Got the fabrics from Ikea, a hula hoop for 3$ at Walmart, the smallest I could find… i didn’t want it to take up the whole room space, butI think a larger one would have been more roomy.
Sew some pockets on the underside of the tent.
It needs a big round foam pillow…on the to do list.
It is pretty dark inside, I do not think of it appropriate for reading…
I could add a window.
I also want to hang a birds mobile inside, since I already have the birds all sewn up and the embroidery hoops.
Here’s a simpler tutorial:
Here’s a ready made version…on the expensive side:
Kaloraszegi stitches take way too long.
Here’s a quick way to get the design onto a t shirt:
Print the Kalotaszegi design onto multiple A4 papers tiled, copy it to the freezer paper on the paper side not the plastic side, cut the outline using an xActo knife.
Iron on the freezer paper stencil, plastic side down towards the fabric
Place a piece of plastic or cardboard under the design, in between the layers of the shirt.
Using a foam brush, paint over the paper to cover the fabric really well.
Let dry and then iron it on the backside to treat the paint and fix it to the fabric.
It has been in the washer/dryer a few times, lasts pretty well, but the paint will crack if the fabric is stretched.
From Burda 03/2009.
A girl’s top transformed into what resembles a traditional Romanian shirt from the region of Maramures.
Added lace under the neckbands and around the gathered sleeves and a woven colored ribbon at the neckline and sleeve ends.
This is my first version of the top, proudly worn by my best friend’s girl:
Finished sewing this dress finally! In black and white flowers print.
Had to stitch closed the darts in the upper and lower back to reduce puffiness and take it in about 1cm on each side.