So I had this polyester velvet blanket from Ikea. It was used in the garage and cut with a blade. It seemed to match the carpet in my bedroom really well color wise, so I decided to finally patch it up.I used the patcher stitch first on the sewing machin with the buttonhole foot. The stitches showed through and it looked pretty ugly.
With the hand felting needle tool from Clover over a brush, I added the wool rocing over the fabric, with some wool yarn and arranged it into the irises bouquet. On the wrong side I layed the yarn down in concentric circles and added pink in the center and around it. I mixed in some lightweight tulle net.
So, here it is, no more holes in the blanket.